Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Outline of the Last Class -- 最後の授業の概略

I'm really sorry about the blog.
I've been busier than I expected.

For the last class, we started with a review of the planned debate. We weren't very ready, so I asked you (again) to prepare six sentences on either cooking or music:

  • "Cooking is creative." -- three sentences, and
  • "Cooking is not creative." -- three sentences.

or




  • "Music is creative." -- three sentences, and
  • "Music is not creative." -- three sentences.
I made up some more examples:

Being creative: Dance
Dance is creative.
  • Making up a new dance performance – choreography -- is creative. It requires imagination.
  • When a dancer performs a dance expressively, that is creative, too. The dancer must use his imagination to express himself.
Dance is not creative.
  • When a dancer simply mimics (imitates) someone he thinks is cool, he is not very creative.

I offered these words and phrases for help:

  • make  (make up new things – create)
  • express, expression, expressive
  • copy, imitate, mimic
  • many patterns of ___
  • many ways to ____
  • many kinds of ____

While you were thinking about that, I offered some advice on test taking in general and about the TOEIC, in particular. I said about the same as in the last class of the summer session, I think.

Then we took some time to divide into groups and prepare the debates.

After that, we had the debates, and had more fun with them than I think we expected.

I'll post the contents of your debates as soon as I can, either Tuesday or Wednesday, please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that others can read your comments.